Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Dream of Blind...!


It was a dream where every one was blind.

Except me since I was watching it.

Although blind, they were running a marathon.

Some of them were in a bicycle race.

They even wore cycling outfits of bright colors.

I was not sure how will they achieve their goal.

But they were very courageous and uplifting.

Couldn’t believe my (open) eyes were seeing it.

But I realized that there was a great enthusiasm,

behind all those closed eyes that I don’t have.

Nevertheless, in the face of our disabilities,

Human mind would reach the unreachable.

~Neel~

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greetings! Hi, I am Neel Welandagoda, hailing from the Southern city of Matara, Sri Lanka. Immigrated USA in 2000 and I have been living here in Beautiful Boulder since my life began in the USA. Currently I am working at the esteemed and most loved Boulder Public Library, where I work with great supervisors with a great team of co-workers, and as a whole with a very friendly and brilliant staff. I love to share ideas and information and you are welcome to my page with open arms. I love cooking, working out, writing poetry, talking and sharing jokes with my friends. Cheers!