Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Library Thing!













______________




Eve of Easter at work!



Sitting at the Switch Board at the Boulder Public Library,
I noticed the unusual dead silence at the North Wing.
Guess it is the eve of Easter in many households,
except mine, of course, I don't have one here.

The cafe on the bridge, above Boulder Creek, is closed.
Usual aroma of fresh coffee and toasting bagels,
has disappeared from the air without a trace.
Giggling, laughling, tutoring for students and the music,
also vanished for the day isolating the tables and chairs.
The cafe crew also had the day off.

Once in a while some one walked to me and said "Hi"
and "where is the rest room"? or
"What time are you open until?"
And questions about library, arts, parking etc.
The phone rang three to four times for the whole hour.

The sun was shining, a little cooler and windier.
Some folks were enjoying a taste of spring outside.
Two squirrels were chasing each other playfully,
and couple of birds looking for food in the Japanese garden.

All the arts on walls were gone and gallery was empty.
By the way,
I wondered if the homeless shelter was hosting,
an Easter dinner tonight!

~Neel Welandagoda

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greetings! Hi, I am Neel Welandagoda, hailing from the Southern city of Matara, Sri Lanka. Immigrated USA in 2000 and I have been living here in Beautiful Boulder since my life began in the USA. Currently I am working at the esteemed and most loved Boulder Public Library, where I work with great supervisors with a great team of co-workers, and as a whole with a very friendly and brilliant staff. I love to share ideas and information and you are welcome to my page with open arms. I love cooking, working out, writing poetry, talking and sharing jokes with my friends. Cheers!